Jun 23, 2020
Today’s episode is a real special one. I had the privilege of
talking to Dr. Katie Novak and
Tom Thibodeau. They are the authors of
UDL in the Cloud: How to Design and Deliver Online Education Using
Universal Design for Learning. What’s UDL? You’re about to find
out and it’s going to change the way you design your next
What we discuss:
- How Katie and Tom started in education and where they are
- Defining and explaining the UDL framework
- How growth mindset leads to a well-designed online course and
- How educators can support and motivate students in online
- How should instructional designers and teachers re-evaluate the
course design process and current courses
- The importance of instructor presence and how to build this
presence importance of instructor presence and how instructors can
build this presence?
- How to manage time with UDL and new projects
- The future of education with COVID-19
- How to build instructor presence in newly designed courses
- Their favorite examples of seeing UDL in action
To learn more about Dr. Katie Novak and Tom Thibodeau, check out
Win Katie and Tom’s book: UDL in the
Do you want to become an instructional designer? Check out Idol Courses Academy!
Recording your own podcast? Check out Squadcast.
Check out my website for my blog.